Saturday, March 16, 2013

Things I'm excited about...


Fashion week is less than a week away, and I'm just so excited about all my FABRICS!  I've taken a lot of time to select and design each fabric, from material to the patterns/prints you'll be seeing.  It's very graphic, and invokes the spirit of historic art and textiles...without giving away too much, wanted to give you a little preview of what you'll see on Thursday March 21st at 630pm at the Sugar Mill :)

Found an amazing woman in California who has helped me transfer my pattern on to silk :) it is GORGEOUS...

CAD pattern I created for textiles
My pattern on Silk Habatoi 
Cal State Printing Process

Also experimenting with knits for Fall !
Discovered an organization of women in Bolivia who recently lost their jobs at a factory, and they decided to pool together with the help of a local businessman to buy their very own knitting machine and are creating some of the most complex knits and jacquards I've ever seen!!
I designed the pattern, selected yarn and thickness and experimented with some dyeing and I am extremely pleased with the result...this is one of my favorite pieces :)

My pattern machine knit in Bolivia


No comments:

Post a Comment